Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Seduction of Nissa

As you may or may not know by now, I love animals. I believe it's as instinctual as breathing, finding your partner within fur or feathers. Whilst cruising Craigslist the other day, I happened upon one such creature, destined to be my partner. Her name is Nissa and she's a wonderful old lady. Nissa came to live with us just last night and I'm already in love! She first journeyed to our home because her previous Guardians had to move into a residence that doesn't allow large love bugs like our Nissa here. She at first refused to meet my eyes as I'm sure that I stood for the loss of her beautiful family. No matter how hard I tried, she resisted my advances. Until this morning that is. Every morning I make Wyatt a breakfast of buffalo (or lamb or chicken, depending on what I find at the market), eggs and brown rice, dusted with a powdered vitamin supplement. This morning I made a double dose and attempted to seduce Ms. Nissa. Seduction success! She ate her morning grub even faster then Wyatt, which in and of itself is a feat and for the first time she met my gaze. I could tell you that I heard a choir of angels in that moment and I wouldn't be fibbin. Though a little closer to reality would be to say that I felt complete.
Nissa is a wonderful being and we're so darn glad that the fates have decided that she could spend her golden years with us. Welcome Nissa!

No comments:

Post a Comment