Friday, April 9, 2010

Hello!

Welcome to my first ever post on my first ever blog!



Our family consists of myself, Rebekah - 30, my partner Nik - 32, my son Joshua - 9, my son Jason - 8 and my daughter Stella Moon - 6. We live in Oak Grove Oregon, just outside of Portland. In August we bought our first home on just about an acre and although it's taken some time to be able to say this, I love it. My mom, Susan, has a little cottage just behind our home.



As the name of this new blog implies, we have a small urban homestead that at this time includes 18 laying chickens, 3 pygmy goats, 3 cats, 1 dog (love of my life!), 1 snake and 3 gerbils. In the brooder we also have 10 more laying breed poults and 7 straight run quail babes.



Between the kids, the animals and my mom, nothing is boring around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment